您的当前位置:首页正文

My Last Duchess

2020-09-30 来源:意榕旅游网


My Last Duchess

Robert Browning 我已故的公爵夫人

That's my last Duchess painted on the wall墙上的这幅画是我的前公爵夫人 Looking as if she were alive. I call 看起来就像她活着一样。如今

That piece a wonder, now: Frà Pandolf's hands 我称它为奇迹:潘道夫师的 手笔

Worked busily a day, and there she stands.经一日忙碌,从此她就在此站立

Will 't please you sit and look at her? I said 你愿坐下看看她吗?我有 意提起

'Frà Pandolf' by design, for never read 潘道夫,因为外来的生客(例如你 Strangers like you that pictured countenance,凡是见了画中描绘的面容 The depth and passion of its earnest glance, 那真挚的眼神的深邃和热情

But to myself they turned (since none puts by没有一个不转向我(因为除 我外

The curtain I have drawn for you, but I) 再没有别人把画上的帘幕拉开) And seemed as they would ask me, if they durst似乎想问我可是又不大敢问 How such a glance came there; so, not the first是从哪儿来的-这样的眼神 Are you to turn and ask thus.Sir, 't was not你并非第一个人回头这样问我 Her husband's presence only,called that spo先生,不仅仅是她丈夫的在座 Of joy into the Duchess' cheek: perhaps 使公爵夫人面带欢容,可能

Frà Pandolf chanced to say,'Her mantle laps潘道夫偶然说过“夫人的披风 Over my lady's wrist too much,' or 'Paint盖住她的手腕太多,”或者说 Must never hope to reproduce the faint “隐约的红晕向颈部渐渐隐没

Half-flush that dies along her throat:' such stuff 这绝非任何颜料所能复制。” Was courtesy, she thought, and cause enough 这种无聊话,却被她当成好意 For calling up that spot of joy. She had 也足以唤起她的欢心。她那颗心- A heart--how shall I say?--too soon made glad怎么说好呢要取悦容易得很 Too easily impressed; she liked whate'er 也太易感动。她看到什么都喜欢 She looked on, and her looks went everywhere. 而她的目光又偏爱到处观看

Sir, 't was all one!my favour at her breast, 先生,她对什么都一样!她 胸口上

The dropping of the daylight in the West, 佩戴的我的赠品,或落日的余光 The bough of cherries some officious fool 过分殷勤的傻子在园中攀折 Broke in the orchard for her, the white mule 给她的一枝樱桃,或她骑着 She rode with round the terrace-all and each 绕行花圃的白骡-所有这一切 Would draw from her alike the approving speech, 都会使她同样地赞羡不绝 Or blush, at least. She thanked men, -- good! but 或至少泛起红晕。她感 thanked 激人.好的

Somehow--I know not how--as if she ranked 但她的感激(我说不上怎么搞的 my gift of a nine-hundred-years-old name 仿佛把我赐她的九百年的门第 With anybody's gift. Who'd stoop to blame 与任何人的赠品并列。谁愿意 This sort of trifling? Even had you skill 屈尊去谴责这种轻浮举止?即使

In speech--(which I have not)--to make your will 你有口才(我却没有)

能把你的意志

Quite clear to such an one, and say, 'Just this 给这样的人儿充分说明“你这点

Or that in you disgusts me; here you miss,或那点令我讨厌。这儿你差得远

Or there exceed the mark' -- and if she let 而那儿你超越了界限。”即她肯听

Herself be lessoned so, nor plainly set 你这样训诫她而毫不争论

Her wits to yours, forsooth, and made excuse, 毫不为自己辩解,——我觉得

--E'en then would be some stooping;and I choose这会有失身份所以我选择

Never to stoop. Oh, sir, she smiled, no doubt, 绝不屈尊。哦,先生,总是在微笑

Whene'er I passed her; but who passed without 每逢我走过;但是谁人走得不到

Much the same smile?This grew;I have commands;同样慷慨的微笑?发展至此

Then all smiles stopped together. There she stands我下了令:于是一切笑都从此制止

As if alive. Will 't please you rise? We'll meet 她站在那儿,像活着样。请你起身

The company below then. I repeat,客人们在楼下等。我再重复一声

The Count your master's known munificence 你的主人—伯爵先生闻名的大方 Is ample warrant that no just pretence 足以充分保证:我对嫁妆

Of mine for dowry will be disallowed; 提出任何合理要求都不会遭拒绝

Though his fair daughter's self, as I avowed 当然.如我开头声明的,美貌的小姐

At starting, is my object. Nay, we'll go 才是我追求的目标。别客气,咱们

Together down, sir. Notice Neptune, though,一同下楼吧。但请看这海神普顿

Taming a sea-horse, thought a rarity, 在驯服海马,这是件珍贵的收藏

Which Claus of Innsbruck cast in bronze for me!是克劳斯为我特制的青铸像

使

因篇幅问题不能全部显示,请点此查看更多更全内容